SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Auto Solutions & UCP Review

Gang,

My 2020 Alpine White M2 arrived July 2nd. I had a bunch of aftermarket parts installed before I drove it off the lot.

After driving several N55 M2's and one 2019 M2C I wanted to clean up the shifter and clutch feel and throws.

I've been performance driving and instructing for 30 years now, and have modded all my cars as well.

I've had both Rogue and UUC kits in previous 335's (wife's on #4) and my 2 early M3's.

Not even in the same conversation as this kit. Combined with the Ultimate Clutch Pedal it brings a smile to my face everytime I shift.

I have the UCP clutch spring in its middle position to firm it up some. It grabs just off the floor and is linear and a shorter travel distance. Perfect feel and an added bonus is the pedal now sits even with the brake pedal.

As for the shifter I went with a 25% reduction and OEM shifter height. I also had him add the New Urethane Bronze bushings for more solid precision and less NVH. Last, I added a Raceseng 2 lb shift knob in Blue to complete the mod.

The shifts are butter smooth, with perfect feedback. I can shift with one finger if I wanted to. There is ZERO slop now. If you money shifted this kit there is something really wrong with you!

I believe I was his first M2C kit and we had to adjust the rod specs to get it to sit right.

His customer service is wonderful. Here are some of the posts he sent me when I was working on buying his kit:

"Steve

Two variables reduction ratio and shifter height.

Reduction ratio first. Basically you have 3 options. Low reduction, Mid reduction and high reduction. There is no difference in precision or repeatability of the pattern regardless of the reduction level. The only trade off is reduced travel for additional shifting effort. If you want to shore up the feel in your shifter and get a gated feel with extreme precision and no slop and want as little additional effort as possible then choose low reduction. Mid reduction adds a little effort and reduces the throw. High reduction takes it a step further in that direction.

Even our high reduction will not be objectionable effort wise and our low reduction very very close to stock effort. that is because the mechanism is much more efficient at transmitting force than the stock setup. I personally use a 22.5% in one car and 25% in the other. I personally do not like the high reduction shifter because I like to be able to shift with a couple of fingers and I get flustered when driving fast so I like to have a relatively open pattern.If I were cool and composed on the track and did not have to deal with stop and go traffic I would probably go to a 30-35 percent shifter. Conversely, If i was stuck in traffic all the time I would probably go to a 10 or 15% shifter. And around 20% is a good all around compromise.

Height of the shifter lever is another variable and a personal choice and has to do with the angle of your forearm. And folks preference as to height seems to change with the times. 2 years ago 13mm taller was very popular with the idea that it would compensate for the identical drop in height when a ZHP or similar knob is used. Last year folks liked the 6mm taller as it would kinda split the difference between the ZHP and stock knob. For the past 4 months I have been only selling stock height with one exception. A 4mm talller knob. Why 4 and not 6 is beyond me but the custom height was at no cost and I obliged. My preference matters little in this regards and all the above mentioned configurations are rooted in sound logic.
If you are using one of the shorter knobs (ZHP , M5) We can certainly build the shifter 13 mm taller so that the resulting height is stock .However keep in mind that should you ever want to revert to the stock knob then the shifter will present taller than it is right now and getting it back to stock height would require you to send us the shift lever so that we can modify it. Personally unless the stock height is problematic, I would limit the increase in height to what is needed to compensate for the ZHP. Conversely we can build the shifter shorter than stock if you want a lower height and still retain the stock knob.I most cases however, stock height works well so if it is not broke don't fix it.

Hope that helps.

Ronald

To conclude, installing both these mods in your M2 is worth every $.

The UCP: http://www.ultimateclutchpedal.com/

AS SSK: www.autosolutions.net

If anyone else has done either please chime in...

Best,
HAZMAT
Attached Images

My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726

Last edited by SEAT TIME RULES; 09-09-2019 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 2