View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 11:01 AM   #40
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Anyhow, there are tons of CS cars unsold here in Europe. One person came to me and said he had access to a fair bunch parked in a warehouse produced during Corona time earlier this year, but impossible to sell. Just too expensive, nobody wants one.
They are stuck with them similar to what we saw with M3 and M4 CS models which were piled up in dealer storages, and only sold after months and years accompanied by immense discounts of up to 35 percent. And that is still happening up to now!! Even more so, because dealers want to get rid of their M3's and M4's because the new one is arriving in March. So for those of you who are destined on getting themselves a M2 CS, wait, just wait, really just wait…
In Europe, you will find delivery mileage cars by the end of this year or maybe even in 2021, which dealers will offer you at extremely favorable price tags just to get rid of them in a market where car sales have taken a hit and will continue to struggle in the years to come.
The €$ learning curve is kinda slow for BMW.

Two posts from Autumn 2019:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
In CS Price Land, things are ///Mbitious, rather than logic.
100% this. How would the M4 GTS, M4 CS and M3 CS have been received if they had been appropriately priced? I hope BMW will learn from its previous mistakes, but it shouldn't take this many errors to see the light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
My conclusion: IMHO BMW has to buckle up for a reality-check. The M2 CS demographic may be limited to die-hard enthusiasts and/or wealthy collectors. If the M2 CS price point ignores the current market situation, M2 CS cars will by no means sell as 1M hot cakes in Europe, except if (substantial) discounts are awarded. US sales could fare well (at the risk of stereotyping, sorry: IMHO US enthusiasts attach more attention to the 'limited edition' or 'collector's item' moniker, than European enthusiasts). It wouldn't surprise me if lots of dealers will only order an M2 CS if they got a signed order by a customer. It's fair to think that dealers dislike the idea of yet another expensive car (alike M4 GTS, M4 CS or M3 CS) only getting looks, instead of deals, inside their showroom. Production increase ? I don't think so. Some European allocations converted into US allocations ? Maybe.
Just my 2 cents. Of course the future could prove me wrong.
October 2020 - Top Gear:

Name:  TopGear_M2_CS.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  93.0 KB