MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
You have previously interviewed the M guys.Did you ask them why the M2 CS doesn’t have the same carbon fiber roof as the F80 and F82?
Yep, this improved rigidity and was a better option according them, but clearly they did not explain the whole story. With the additional information I can confirm no other M car will have this roof. Nobody wants to take the risk of dealing with a fail again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmastr View Post
I'm captivated, can you explain more?
Nothing more than that the solution for those problems came too late to homologate the car and have it in time ready for market release. Europe would have missed out too much on the CS due to the production stop in September.

Anyhow, there are tons of CS cars unsold here in Europe. One person came to me and said he had access to a fair bunch parked in a warehouse produced during Corona time earlier this year, but impossible to sell. Just too expensive, nobody wants one.

They are stuck with them similar to what we saw with M3 and M4 CS models which were piled up in dealer storages, and only sold after months and years accompanied by immense discounts of up to 35 percent. And that is still happening up to now!! Even more so, because dealers want to get rid of their M3's and M4's because the new one is arriving in March. So for those of you who are destined on getting themselves a M2 CS, wait, just wait, really just wait…

In Europe, you will find delivery mileage cars by the end of this year or maybe even in 2021, which dealers will offer you at extremely favorable price tags just to get rid of them in a market where car sales have taken a hit and will continue to struggle in the years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
It sounds like they're partially handmade to be able to introduce this level of irregularity?
They are partly hand made to deal with the irregularity. The production process was initially wrong, but the fix came too late. So all the cars I have seen so far have the problem in the roof, simply because the fix could not be introduced anymore in time. Now it needs handwork to deal with it. They tint it to give you the idea it is so bad. #facepalm

MR

Last edited by MR.; 10-09-2020 at 02:45 AM..
Appreciate 3
Hedoniste3834.00
Poochie9104.50
Robin_NL8717.00