10-07-2020, 05:33 PM   #27
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 DCT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Agree with both of you, it was weird. I think his true personal opinion is hidden between the lines.
I tend to agree with this comment. He has a Comp which he's spent out on and healthily modified, so I think it somewhat unexpectedly shocked him how far off his own car still is in terms of handling and engine performance compared to the CS.

It should be clear to anyone now (including Artemis, who is surely too educated and knowledgable to still be flying this flag) that an M2 Comp with MPerformance parts will never get close to being a CS. The sum of all the bespoke CS (and non MPerformance branded) parts/materials together with the handling, engine and power delivery improvements easily place the CS on a higher level.

Chris Harris and the Top Gear team just placed it 3rd in their annual 'best performance car' awards behind the 911 Turbo and Ferrari F8 Tributo. The Comp (great car that it is - I've owned one for two years) went out in the first round of last years competition.

If, like many think, it is indeed just the MPerformance parts that have made the difference this year then I suggest we all better go and buy them before they sell out fast!

Also, be fair to MR he does live in a country where the CS is somewhat ridiculously priced at €108K. He did say if it was positioned in the c€85-€90k bracket (like a lot of other EU markets, including the UK) then it would be more of a one way 'take my money conversation'.

It's a special little car (with 4 seats) and I think the people that know, know and those that don't, don't.
Appreciate 2
Davil6524.50
Jimjamz4581.50