In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
You won't win a "court" case in China against China. It's a complete and utter joke.

China has always copied the west for everything despite hating "western" influence. I hate China for a reason. Their entire philosophy is backwards. It has been like this and always will be until their old generation dies off.
Actually, that's not true: It will be like that for generations to come because the concept of 'intellectual property' and protecting original ideas and designs is foreign to its cultural beliefs. The Chinese language doesn't even have a word close to that meaning in it. This is a mindset formed over thousands of years. It ain't gonna change (relatively) overnight.

To most Indochinese (this includes most of China and much of the Indochinese peninsula, including Vietnam, Burma, and Laos), copying something designed and made somewhere else is a societal norm. It's the same reason why most dynastic Chinese art is unsigned -- and if it is signed, it chiefly reflects the person who commissioned it, not the person who created it.

But really, I digress since I'm having to defend the ignorance of others (I don't mean that in a bad way. Really.) There's just no current compelling reason to favor a PRC-made vehicle -- not even cost.
That doesn't ignore the fact that China has blatantly copied multiple Western cars including Jaguar and other cars.

Don't get me wrong. This is usually the leader's problem not a citizen problem. I hate the Chinese government.

I'm also Taiwanese so I hate the Chinese government and their bullshit in general. I have a reason to hate China.
Viffermike1753.00