View Single Post
      12-19-2020, 10:22 AM   #827
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by f87kevin View Post
Ceramic coated and headed home! Long journey but glad to have it on the road.
That's awesome! I made it home yesterday and my neighbors' dog was so happy to see me she jumped right up on the driver side door. Thankfully, they are extremely fine scratches that I think should come out when I take it in for touch ups on the coating and clear bra. I have some very minor edge lifting on the corners of the hood and one on the bumper that need to be looked at and couldn't exactly be take back to the installer in South Carolina.

The big one though was the rock that went right through the clear on the driver side headlight! It's like when you fall and have road rash on your palms and the skin is like a flap you can push back down but you really want to just rip it off. Thankfully, though the lens is probably chipped, it does not appear to be cracked. Then, below that, on the splitter, a rock must have hit so hard because the clear is still on, but the rock chip is there and the paint is shifted in the smudge/chip as it would be in a normal rock chip scenario. Then there's one decent windshield chip and some very minor ones.

Pretty sure all of this came from the stretch between Lafayette, LA and San Antonio, TX. Couldn't believe all the shit and trucks spewing shit. At least in Europe, the trucks are all held to a uniform standard and they can just have gravel flying out. In any event, not terrible but a bit frustrating. The trip home was otherwise amazing and I'll have a write-up done hopefully over the next week. The photo selection and editing will be difficult.
Appreciate 0