View Single Post
      11-17-2021, 05:44 AM   #71
nando_514
Private
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
There is no high torque RWD I have come across on track that understeers when throttling out of an apex...unless the front is absolutely shot from overheating...even FWD oversteers when using after market dampers and springs. During the initial turn in I found the M2C can understeer when throttling into a corner but not if one is trail braking. The M2C can understeer when sailing through a corner, that is not applying throttle at apex but always oversteers when one is throttling out of an apex. The only platform I know of that can understeer throttling at apex is rear engine 911s.
Maybe I’m missing something, but if you read what you posted, the answer is all there.. Think about the chassis dynamically, what’s it doing when you roll on throttle? The rear end is squatting, and you’re picking up the nose (taking weight OFF the front-end). Again, maybe it’s just me, but when the nose of the car is lifting, wouldnt you expect understeer at that point?

You then point out that trail braking (using proper technique) seems to alleviate the issue. To me, it sounds like you’re overdriving the car. You may be operating at 105%, try dialing it back to 99% and LEARN FROM YOUR SLOWER SELF. I mean that in no disrespectful way, but there’s alot to be learned from your slower self.
Appreciate 2
CSBM52731.50
PLF693768.50