SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
I know i'm a bit late. But i'm curious if you ever considered either a used S2k or a Miata on the side?

I own both an S2000 and my M2 Competition and i have to say, i'm hard pressed to find another car combination that can really beat what either car can offer.

The S2000 offers the visceral high revving Naturally Aspirated scalpel like handling, without the massive price point that a porsche 911 would have. And sure its 100hp down and not a true Mid engine car (engine technically sits behind the front axle so some people like to claim its min-engine), however you'd be hard pressed to find another car like that for the money nowadays.

The M2 C on the other hand (as i'm sure you'll find out) will give me the practicality and the speed that i sometimes crave. Sure revving to 8.2k is a dream in of itself, but also putting your foot down, hearing that tire squeal before shooting off 0-60 in just over 4 seconds is a great feeling as well.

Wheni drive each car back to back, i honestly cant say which car i prefer. They both offer something completely different than the other in a way each car cant really contest with. Personally i think its the best combination.
I like your thinking. I have a M2C and a STR prepared ND Miata ( which has finally knocked the S2000 off its long standing at the top).

I have my ND for Solo 2 work and top down fun, and my M2C for track work and as a daily...
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 0