06-27-2019, 05:24 PM   #259
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
I took yesterday off and spent a large portion of it ripping out the interior of my car and installing the parts listed above. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread with part numbers, advice, pictures and experiences. Here's my report:

I printed off a couple of pages from the BMW TIS to assist me in properly removing several trim parts. I have a bad history of getting annoyed, frustrated and impatient, which leads to broken plastic bits. This time, I broke nothing and did not have any parts left over.

Removing the rear seats is really much easier than I thought - just pull up on the front edge of the bottom, and pull it out. The seat backs don't really need to come out, but you will need to remove the bolts holding in the backs and the bolts holding in the seat belts briefly, to fit the insulation around them. Easy-peasy.

The biggest challenge for me was getting the wiring harnesses out of the way enough to put the insulation behind them, as others did here. The driver's side wasn't too bad, but I just couldn't get the passenger side to work (I didn't want to remove some of the stuff that had grommets going through the inner body panels) partly due to my impatience and I was getting tired (it was 90 degrees here yesterday, and my garage amplifies the humidity). But I figured, no one will see it except some lucky tech the next time something goes wrong with the car.

While I was in there, I put some Dynamat over the rear wheel wells, inside the inner body panels. Plenty of room in there to put down the material and roll it in. I'm not sure how much that will help, but it surely won't hurt.

I did not bother with a before and after DBA reading, as all I have is an inaccurate phone app. However, it does appear (and let's hope it's not all the placebo effect) that all of this work has taken off some of the edge from the road noise.

Again, thanks to everyone that contributed to the thread.
Great job, you guys inspire me in my quest for a "Serenity Now" - like vehicle.

I'm going buy me some Dynamat in bulk and attempt this mod by the weekend..
Appreciate 0