07-23-2018, 02:54 AM   #15
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
If you look at the trend beyond the bimmer forums, you will notice that most people think it is annoying to drive a car and would rather have a driver or in this case autonomous driving to work and back etc...so this is no surprise to me, you have to think outside of bimmerpost forums that a lot of people only see their cars as a tool to get from point A to point B and back again.

For example in my family the only person who likes driving my own car is me, but the rest hates to drive cars they don't like stopping to fuel up and just in general would have an autonomous vehicle so they can spend time in the car working or doing something else like catching up on sleep after that horrific Sunday night sleep cause you slept far to long during from Saturday to Sunday and now Monday is ruined because you got to bed all to late for your own good.

This is the prime example in my family and they hate needing to focus and concentrate on driving and not to mention needing to stop to fuel up. So for my own family except me they prefer electric vehicles so you can plug them in to an outlet and just charge them while you are at work and home and never needing to stop for fuel. And also they hate driving whether it be the BMW i8 or a BMW 120d it is all the same to them, they just don't care about cars enough.

And this goes for most people that is not a driving enthusiast, so of-course the market is going to change to adapt to them witch is fine for me, i guess i my self would love to keep driving for my self as long as possible. But this is the future we are heading for and hopefully when most people have switched to electric cars and autonomous cars those of us who are of the type that loves to drive on our own won't be such a gigantic target by environmentalist groups and governments cause the Co2 released by us will be minimal then compared to other industry's. And we will be left alone to be able to keep driving our own cars.

So if you know people like my family encourage them to switch to electric cars if possible the more that switch to that the faster the target on our backs who likes cars will be reduced. And we will be left alone i hope.

//Cheers.

Last edited by Nahlem; 07-23-2018 at 04:08 AM..
Appreciate 0