View Single Post
      07-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #25
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Some quick answers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukewayne View Post
A topic that I haven't seen discussed yet here is the feel and size of the steering wheel.
>>>See the dedicated thread here<<<
Specifically the Diameter of the wheel, and the thickness.
I'm coming from an E36, and I never thought about the size of my steering wheel, that is until we picked up my wife's E82 135i with the M sport steering wheel. Wow is that wheel perfect, its diameter is so small, and the thickness of the wheel just fits my hands perfectly. After feeling that wheel, my E36 felt like i was driving a bus.
So...
The M2 seems to share the steering wheel with the M4 minus a few buttons. I've looked around but haven't been able to find a measurement of the M4's diameter. I'm really curious as to how it compares to the 1-series M-sport wheel.
>>>I don't know<<<
Something else: Does the heated steering wheel option change the wheel, or the size of the wheel?
>>>No change of size + heated steering wheel function is ineffective with MP steering wheel (no internal heat wiring); airbag and Lane Departure Warning remain fully operational<<<
Additionally: What about the sizes of these M Performance steering wheels? I'm not immediately interested in the one with screens and lights and such, but there are a few options. are they all the same size as the normal M2/4 wheel? or are they all smaller by the same or different amounts?
>>>Stock M2 steering wheel and MP steering wheel are virtually the same size - all internals are transferred from the stock steering wheel to the MP steering wheel (airbag, electronics and blocks with buttons); however, apart from being two-tone (leather/alcantara), the MP steering wheel is chunkier/meatier (especially the alcantara part right above the thumbrests) + has a flatter shaped bottom part (stock steering wheel has a more circular shape)
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=03_4058<<<

Anyone have some insight on this info? I've been thinking about this and looking for info, haven't come across any numbers, but boy that steering wheel is starting to look huge in the pictures to me. cant tell if i'm just imagining it now ...
>>>It's all a matter of taste and getting used to it<<<