View Single Post
      01-23-2019, 09:10 PM   #22
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
No need to google. I have plenty of information from years of reading on the subject.

Friends don't let friends buy oiled air filters.
Well, your arguments are quite scattered. You seem to be arguing (assumed via your link) that dry filters have better flow, so that's why you choose them. But also later argue that oil filters damage MAFs. Seemingly as a way to derail and control the conversation, instead of, well... having a conversation.

Since I can only keep track of one conversation at a time, I will assume you have nothing useful to counter the K&N link I provided and end that argument now, as you have not provided any counters to any of it.

but, with the link you showed, let's see...

no where in the link you posted does it say oil and dirt was found to pass through the filter.

The guy's conclusion in the link you posted is that all air filters have similar flow rates when new.

And his other conclusion was that dry air filters collect more dirt than oiled filters when dirty, but he also said his sample size was way too low to make that generalization. If you actually look at the filters he tests, you can kinda see why. The three oiled filters he tested are completely different from each other (foam, fiber, and gause), then he tests 9 similar dry filters along with them.

None of this speaks for the longevity of the dry filters, as his tests were done for only 30 seconds.

None of his tests compare air flow between dirty filters.

So, going by the tester's own words... that tests backs up nothing for your claim that dry filters are better than oiled filters.

Also, public commenting to criticize their testing has been disabled, which is kinda fishy.
Appreciate 0