10-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #12
ROASTM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C; '06 M3; '07 JKU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecitizen View Post
I have a 2018 M2 with 19K miles on it, metallic grey. Love it. The guy I bought it from did ppf on the front bumper and left factory stuff on the rear panel. However, I'm getting road rash on the rear quarter panels and am thinking about having the hood ppf'd plus part of the rear quarter panels. They recommend Dr. Colorchip to fix the road rash but kind of nervous to smear paint on the rear quarter panel and hood.

Anyone use Dr. Colorchip over an area with lost of little road rash dots? How did it come out? PPF will go on over it afterwards.

Thanks.
So to confirm, we can use Dr. Colorchip prior to PPF? I've used Colorchip on my Jet black e46 M with much success in the past, but I also didn't buy that car new, so it was easier to justify using touch up paint!

I just finished ED, and got a handful of rock chips in my LBB paint - mostly front bumper, but one on the passenger fender as well. Planning to do full front PPF and some additional coverage over the rear quarters to expand what it came with from the factory. Fingers crossed BMW might just fix the chips on their own, as it seems from researching on this forum, some minor ED damage has been taken care of at VPC while in route for re-delivery - I guess time will tell.
Appreciate 0