View Single Post
      03-06-2019, 02:04 AM   #80
SpinRush
Rep
Drives: Honda, BMW, Volvo, Mazda

Read it and weep! I hate to be the bearer of bad news.....I’m lying. I’m absolutely thrilled to share this with you.
https://www.motor1.com/features/1434...e-r-lap-times/

And I quote:
7:58 – BMW M2
Our favorite new BMW M car in years is still a joy, but it’s not quick enough to keep up the Civic Type R. That said, the M2 is in good company, and we’re never going to give up a chance to get behind the wheel just because it’s a few seconds slower than a Honda.

( REWIND / SLO-MO ) “Aaaaaaa feeeewww seecccondds sloooooweeer thaaan a Hooonnnnda!”

You see? You still get points for 2nd place. I’ll be fair. After reading your post, I concur there was a rollcage in the car and they were using Michelins. However, this does not mean that another BMW was going around the track without a rollcage and / or on different tires. Michelins are the best there is out there as of date.

I agree STIG probably pushed that car to it’s limits. Then again, I’m sure he would that to any car in a time attack around the “Ring”.

I guess the only way you are going to accept the truth is if you race one those Type R’s that is closer to it’s pre-production state. All automakers do tests with pre-production vehicles then tone them down. But if you know anything about those Honda boys, you know, deep deep down in your heart when you pull up to a red light alongside one of those FK8s, he modded it. Good luck beating him. I’ll put my money on “hideous”.
Appreciate 0