cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
This is a good thread. Some of my faves already mentioned. If i could add a few recommendations that i don’t think were mentioned yet.

Jordan cabernets - one of my go-to’s besides Caymus because they’re very available
Cakebread - i don’t like their more recent vintages as much but their older (pre-2010) stuff was amazing
Check out the Pinot Noirs from Williamette Valley, Oregon. They have some great stuff
Malbecs - Terrazas Reservas and Salentein are my favorites

On Opus One - i agree that you’re mainly paying for the Rothschild/Mondavi name than anything. But it’s still good stuff. But for that price per bottle I’d be going for something like a Joseph Phelps Insignia
What the hell happened to Cakebread? Any vintage after ‘13 is terrible. I gave them another shot a few months ago and bought a ‘16 and almost dumped it out. I know some vintages are better than others due to the grapes but other wines in the same vintage are good so did they change something?

My brother likes Quintessa Cabernet. I bought him a 2009 for Christmas. I haven’t tried it in years but I don’t remember being impressed.
Appreciate 0