12-21-2018, 07:14 AM   #42
jritt@essex
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmurf View Post
I've been Jonesing for these since I first saw the thread on Bimmerpost back in 2016 (maybe early 17). I don't think the rear kit was available back then but I put them on the mod list however, they have always been below the cut line $$$ wise.

I was under the impression that Brembo was the parent company of AP (maybe AP started out as a UK company which was then acquired by Brembo at some point)?

I got my first in-person look at them earlier this month at the Essen Motor Show (poor iPhone pic below) but they do look 'the business' and they certainly are light weight.

Does Essex do additional design or modification to the 'stock' AP Calipers or disks?
Thanks! Yes, Railgun is correct. Brembo owns AP Racing. Brembo is fortunately wise enough to allow them to compete freely in the market however, which keeps the technical innovation alive at both companies.

In some instances we do make modifications to the calipers themselves. For example, the calipers in the Porsche 991 GT3/RS brake kits pictured above have some mods that we perform. We work with AP on new caliper designs. We provide our 'wish list' and subsequently work through the details until they become a reality. We design all of the brackets and disc hats in-house at Essex. We also draw up unique discs for AP Racing to produce. If you look at AP's website you won't be able to find many of the products we offer, as they are exclusively designed for our use in our North American market. We actually have an AP Racing engineer who has worked out of our office in Charlotte, NC for the past 15 years. AP has been a brilliant long-term technical partner of ours, and they design and build incredible products.
Appreciate 1
dtmurf481.50