jritt@essex
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeahso View Post
Summary:

(There's also two areas of thought with regards to caliper weight & design. Some would argue rigidity (eg a fixed bridge) is of greater benefit than the convenience of quicker pad changes. But will leave for another thread)
I don't think that comment needs to be left for another thread. Have you actually read any of the details on the Radi-CAL calipers? They have a huge stiffness advantage over conventional style calipers, which is why they are the dominant choice in top level racing. Added mass is one way to increase stiffness, but clever engineering is alternative solution. All else held equal, during the development of the Radi-CAL AP was seeing 30+% increases in stiffness vs. conventional caliper designs. Check out this video/article:

https://www.essexparts.com/news-blog...-radical-story

Quote:
Going from OEM disc to aluminium hat type disc saves 90% of the 40lb total
That's actually a gross exaggeration. On the front, the weight savings split is more like 65% of the savings is from the disc, and 35% from the caliper. On the rear, the weight savings split is about 50% disc, 50% caliper.

The AP calipers have ventilated stainless pistons (run cooler) with a domed back (increased stiffness), and anti-knockback springs (save the typical driver major pucker factor when their pedal drops halfway to the floor heading into a brake zone after a series of S turns). The Radi-CAL calipers also allow for far more air to move in and around them, which allows them to run cooler overall. That means less fluid boiling and replacement.

You can get pads in just about every racing compound under the sun for the AP Racing calipers, which can't be said about the OEM shapes. The CP9668 caliper also allows one to run a 25mm thick pad.

I understand that you may not like the price, but I don't think your dismissive statements or 'conclusion' about our product are in any way fair or remotely accurate.
Appreciate 8
M-Pilot4859.00
Karlosm2c290.50
BAN_M2C4178.00
[DIM3]68.00
dtmurf480.00
slicer2736.00