02-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #65
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwac View Post
On Sunday I had a test drive with the DCT... Awesome, power is obviously down on my M4, but it's a much more focused car...as if the M4 cab is a very fast cruiser and if you ask it, it will play along on the back roads. The M2 is more of a terrier who is nagging to go the the back roads and gun it. Very enjoyable little car. The only thing which is a huge 'nah' is the interior, just plain 2 series, and the M performance exhaust, which was droning like crazy. Not for everyday use, at least not for me nor for my wife. In 2 weeks I have a test drive scheduled with the manual, so I'm curious, even though I think I will order the DCT anyhow. I just know the auto rev-matching will drive me crazy, but I'm openminded
Personally I would get a M2 manual with the MPE. I drove Artemis's M2 on our Sella 3.0 tour this year... and it was incredible! In fact everyone who drove Luc's car was sold on a M2 manual!!

I really loved the sound from the MPE. It is loud but it has a lot of deep bass to it. Plus keep in mind when you guys test drive a new car... that the exhaust sound will deepen once the car has 10K kms or so on it. That is what I noticed on my 135i with a PE. Perhaps I am prejudiced on the MPE.

Luc also showed me that "hidden" MPE sport mode... where the exhaust will get REALLY loud! It's meant only for race tracks but my GOD it sounds INCREDIBLE!!

The Auto rev matching worked well. And I found that IF you double clutch or even just blip your own throttle on the downshifts... the tcm does not interfere. I don't know why, but no one seems to report on that feature(deactivation) - that it will let YOU the driver do everything(rev matching).

A DCT is nice(and faster) but for me the "only" way to order a M2 would be with the manual transmission. That is how I would take mine.

I consider myself lucky to have Artemis as a friend who let me drive his "baby" in the Alps.

Dackel
Appreciate 3
bim2er223.50
Corinne1171.00
Artemis28913.00