Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL335i View Post
I have decided to retrofit front park distance control onto my M2 in two stages.

Stage1:
I have changed the center console operating unit. Now I have "Park" button, which means that i can turn Park Sensor functionality off in Reverse after i parked my car, but dont want to turn off the engine. (Currently on M2, you cannot turn it off otherwise than turn the engine off).

02 Operating unit, center console 1 61319252912

I retrofitted the operating unit today and had slightly different expectations based on the park sensor behavior of my X5.

When you select the park sensor button only the sensor screen is shown, see post #1, second picture. If you would like to activate the rear view camera you will need to use the iDrive selector, click left, scroll and click the camera icon.

The default behavior is not what you see when you put the car in reverse and what I had expect to see.

So it is useful for the scenario CSL335i described.

When I selected the button I was expecting to see the same screen as when in reverse so that I could see 1) how close the a**hole behind me in traffic is to my back bumper 2) if I have pulled far enough forward in a parking space, i.e. see the parking space line in the camera

In the the X5 the camera does not turn off until ~ 18 mph so I will use the button to turn it off if say I need to access a different screen. The M2 camera turns off immediately when you pull forward so the button is not need in this case either.

All in all it works as CSL33i described, is easy enough to do and some may find it more useful than myself.

Enjoy.
Appreciate 0