11-20-2015, 12:02 PM   #132
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
thanks.. I already won that bet already... when I waited for the 1M over a 135

There are other precedents.. like when BMW wasn't gonna make an M car out of their Z cars..
Neither one of those was a surprise to those paying attention. A RWD 2GC would be. I'll tell you what - if a RWD F8x M2 GC comes to market, and you purchase/lease one, I've got your first payment covered. I am confident my money is safe though.

Quote:
I'll be the first to let you know if/when it happens again.
Bimmerpost will know before you do if this is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Absolutely incorrect... BMW has sold too many E36 sedans and E46 sedans for this to be true. if you don't think there is a market of owners DYING for a car that actually is the size of what a 3 series used to be... . unlike your F80 5 series..
There is definitely a market for a small BMW sedan. Absolutely no doubt about that.

But BMW has long ago determined that the size of the market that will only buy this car if it is RWD is smaller than the size of the market that does not care which wheels drive the car. And since its cheaper to build it on their UKL platform, shared with many models across the BMW and Mini brands, that's the strategy that the board has approved.
Appreciate 1