akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Shifting and brake issues are all just in your mind. DME flash cannot touch these area.

Burble is a complicated thing to tune. It's true the BM3 burble adjustment bar is a hit or miss. But, to be fair, no one aside from BM3 offers any level of burble customization. You can ignore this feature with BM3, yet at minimum you always have OTS/AGG/OEM options. Think about it, how great is that.
Thanks Sean. Normally I would agree with you but the shifting does feel different (I really hope it's not in my mind!). I think this is two-fold. Firstly, I have the cold-start delete which means for the first 5 or so minutes the car does behave differently anyway (no lurching or weird gear shifts due to heat-up cycle). Secondly, part of me is wondering whether the GTS transmission tune is applied alongside the flash? I haven't gone WOT testing so I can't speak for performance shifting, but sticking it in automatic/comfort the car definitely feels a lot smoother. It seems to shift-down more smoothly without any lurching and it seems to shift up earlier. I do think the braking was in my head, but the rest definitely feels different. Unless this is just the car "learning" the new tune...

As for the burble setting. Absolutely, it's a bonus over most other tunes, but, I did buy BM3 with the burble configuration being one of the selling points for me. I have tried simply applying the OTS variant but unfortunately the Comfort burble, for whatever reason, is noticeably louder (but perhaps shorter) then the Sport burble. I am happy to wait for the fix that others have mentioned though (or just go back to OEM).

Thanks again
When you flash I believe the car does reset adaptions. Not sure if that resets any transmission learnings. I never drive in auto mode so I couldn't say how that's changed if at all when you flash.

From what I understand the GTS flash really aggressively gets to the highest gear it can pretty much lugging the engine. However in manual mode I guess the shifts are smoother and faster.

I think it's unlikely that the transmission was flashed at the same time, other people would have noticed by now because people generally hate the behavior of the GTS flash. So you would had to flash your transmission accidently yourself, and I doubt you can make that mistake.
Appreciate 1
NathObeaN1307.50