03-11-2019, 04:03 PM   #2
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Hi all,

I decided to give BM3 a go today and flash my M2 with a Stage 1 93 Octane tune. I'll be honest, I am a little disappointed and I am hoping someone can help!

First: It seems the gear change velocity from OEM Sport+ mode has been copied over to the standard Sport mode. While I understand this might improve shifting performance in Sport, I don't like it. Reason being is that I love the exhaust "thud" sound you get when shifting above 4k rpm in Sport mode. It seems with these OTS tunes the drama is replaced with shifting performance. If I want the best shifting performance however, I used to switch to Sport+ mode. Any remedy?

Second: The custom burble settings. Do these actually work!? I read that "Sport" equates to Comfort and "Sport+" equates to Sport/Sport+ in the car. Is this correct? I spent all evening playing around with these settings and they didn't seem to make any noticeable difference. Worse still, when I customised the "Sport" setting to have 0 duration and 0 aggression, my exhaust was still popping away in comfort mode (which is what I want to avoid).

Thirdly (and lastly): Is it just me or do these OTS tunes alter the way that slow-speed braking works with DCT? By this I mean when moving slowly in traffic and then coming to a stop, the car seems to now jolt suddenly to a stop.

If anyone is able to provide tips on any of the above it would be hugely appreciated!
To answer your question about burbles, there is an issue with v5.6 and burbles which is being addressed by the creator of the map.

Your correlation is correct for the custom settings for comfort and sport
Appreciate 1
NathObeaN1307.50