07-02-2020, 08:36 AM   #16
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
I thought the CAE was mounted from the top?

On topic, I think what Mr Risk was getting at, is that the company will have your cash hostage for a while and there is a risk of non-delivery.

I think you would have more luck approaching a BMW tuner/race shop and getting them to bite the bullet and offer it as one of their products. I also think you might have more luck with it in the EU (specifically DE) where lots of ppl mod their cars to be tracktools (you would need TUV certification though).

If I hit the jackpot ill put my name on the list

EDIT: Someplace like this is what I have in mind https://www.motorsport24.de/carbon-k...er-bmw-m3-e92/
It's mounted from on top, yes, however its much easier to remove the shifter assembly and install the CAE. I speak from first hand experience on my e92. I'm sure there are other ways, I knew my plan and it was going to be the easier path. So I mention it to help others.

MFactory is a known company AND as I mentioned, there area ton of these getting real world use right now not just in the e9x community. Group buys are always like this, you put a deposit down, then you pay for the second half when you get it. The Karbonius box for the e92 was another one, it's actually a prime example and very similar to what I'm trying to do here.

I'm confident that I will get enough people to get this going, I am ready to pay for my CF DS all up front as well so I'm determined and I will give it all the time it needs to get it.