Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
No denying its a + for someone who will keep the car stock (wich mostly 99% of the M2cs will).

Lets say I'm in the 1%, I would just ad camber plates and track it as is. But in the first place I would not buy it because I get much better value with my M2 or an M2cs for trashing around a track like I do.
I agree with you. The CS is a Jack of all, Master of none. I'd say the same for the adaptive suspension. It's a jack of all, where the coilovers can be the master of whatever you want if you put in the time and effort. If you're willing to sacrifice more DD comfort for track specific performance, then go coilovers with stiffer springs. I did that for years. I've grown less tolerant of a jarring ride. With the right springs, shock settings, and bumpstops you can get a pretty nice DD ride. There is a point where the springs just become too much though. It's really the springs that govern the range that the compression and rebound needs to operate within.
I did performance coil-overs once but here in NYC with its war-torn like streets, my passengers was bouncing all over the place, sometimes hitting the roof-liner, some catching Shaken Baby Syndrome.. Never again..

It's not for everybody, I believe Adaptive Suspension is a nice compromise.
Appreciate 1