12-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #907
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenB7 View Post
Just let it go. A lot of people aren’t going to see value in a car like this and none of the 500 people around the world who buy these are going to give a shit about their opinion. The CS will be a beautiful, awesome car to drive on the street; a few might see some track duty.

Perhaps not to the same degree, but this does remind me of the narrow body vs wide body argument in the 993 world. I have a relatively rare 1-owner low mile 2S. Most people would agree that the regular Carrera 2 is the faster car, and I hear about it from time to time. Is the 2S really worth 2-3 times more because of a wider contact patch and more precise steering? Nope...hips, rarity, and the last n/a RWD air cooled, that’s it.

The M2 CS isn’t an air cooled wide body, but it is an ultra-limited manual M car. Unsure how much longer we will have the opportunity to purchase things like that. The opportunity is here now, so I’m buying. Sure there are faster cars and cars offering more features or performance per dollar, but that’s not the value I see in this car.
I want one of those so bad. You did well. Widebody was the one. That and a 964.
Appreciate 0