View Single Post
      12-18-2019, 12:28 PM   #903
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I'm going to play. Coilovers have a number of benefits when it comes adjustment of ride height, rake, and corner balancing. Adjustable coilovers have the benefit of being able to dial in settings for a specific need. You can dial in optimal settings for a multitude of different tracks or road conditions.

However, those settings need to be continually set for the specific condition of the moment. Otherwise you aren't really using those coilovers to their fullest potential. I proper track setting is likely not going to provide optimal compliance for the trip to and from the track or around town.

An adaptive suspension in a CS model is likely going to give up the edge to a dialed in coilovers setup to a particular track. However, it would allow the user to spend zero time testing and dialing in settings for different tracks and conditions while proving a superior when compared to coilovers setup that hasn't been dialed in to the conditions.

I'm willing to bet very few folks have the time and means to dial in a coilovers setup, and choose to use their favorite forum as guidance.

This assumes you've matched the springs properly to your vehicle weight and tire selection. Don't forget to write down your street tire settings, track tire settings. Or do you swap springs between track outings and trips to/from work?
Appreciate 0