Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: M3 CS (LRG)

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
I'll also add my comment here to the wimps that think driving in M dynamic is "dangerous" due to limited traction control. Utterly ridiculous. Traction control is still way to invasive. This car is still a long way from a Porsche in terms of dynamic traction control. The light comes on way before the car gets sideways.
And traction control comes on way before the light turns on. The light is there to say "hey aren't you noticing the car is sliding?"
I urge every owner to take the car to a nice wide space off the road, to safely experiment with the levels of spinning and how traction control feels in the different modes.
I've driven the car for 2 months now. I tried every possible combination and I can assure you it behaves quite diversely. I've come to noticing that only DSC OFF gives a great feel of amazing connection between steering/accel and the wheels. In any mode now I can quite tell there is something mediating all inputs. Different levels of subtlety but there is lots of cutting power going on very often.
For normal street driving comfort and sport are totally safe. If you get to know it and don't exaggerate on purpose also MDM can be good (so that'd be in both the TRACTION mode and Sport+).
Appreciate 1
ddk632583.00