No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nareck @ FGP View Post
Really sorry to hear your bad experience with them. It is really sad to see companies treat customers like this, really no benefit to either party really with that. The active guys really are an amazing group and customer service aside I still hope we get to see an EL paired with the Dinan axleback soon!
Prior to this extremely sour customer experience with Dinan, my goal was to document to the Bimmerpost community how and what will be required to mate the Dinan catback for M2C platform with AA EL. I even scouted a local custom muffler shop that was willing to experiment and video the progress...

That's the thing...I stated my intent to embark on making this Dinan catback - AA EL pairing work on my own, knowing that it is an unchartered territory. Clearly I realize it isn't a plug-n-play exhaust upgrade, I just wanted to take Dinan along my discovery process and have some open dialogue. It's not like I expected them to design and fabricate any required linking pieces on their dime...

It was clear to me that they wouldn't collaborate in any way, aside from simply selling me the exhaust with the "hey - it works with OEM setup only" disclaimer. The impression I got was that they seemed jealous of AA for designing, releasing a competing & compelling product, and wouldn't want to play in the same 'playground' with AA so to speak.

Well, as a result - they won't get my business for anything that Dinan_Engineering produces and I will inform our community how they treat (potential) customers.