09-01-2016, 03:01 PM   #37
Franzino
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 MY19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Brembo or any other aftermarket front calipers are 6 pistons vs the OE 4 pistons. Brembo GT Monoblock caliper is also stiffer and have minimum deflection under heavy usage.

The rotor used is also a true two piece that is not only larger in diameter, but thicker and with improved vane design.

For light to medium duty usage the OEM Brembo with upgraded pads(RS29), high temp fluid and SS lines should be fine. Some track guys will upgrade to the Stoptech or other true two-piece rotors for improved cooling and to remove a few pounds of unsprung weight from each corner. If you are consistently overheating your brakes with the above uprades and it's not a brake management issue then it's time to upgrade to an aftermarket brake system.
Indeed I know how good the aftermarket BBK can be... I have a full AP racing BBK (6 pot front, 4 pot rear) with Pagid pads on my Z4M. I installed them for trackdays. When comparing the AP brakes and the crappy Z4M brakes....the difference is night and day. The OEM steel brakes of the F M4, M3, M2 are the best ones fitted on a M-car till today (when you compare it with previous brakes on older normal M-cars)... The OEM M brakes are better then before and I was wondering if the difference is still that big with an aftermarket BBK.