View Single Post
      01-28-2020, 10:21 AM   #12
J5isalive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C, '15 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
I don't have time to write a thesis on what variables are in effect here...

Tyres are clearly the limitation on the M2C here and non of the car mags I have seen bothered to change to better tyres. Well apart from autobild sportscars which tested a 6MT M2C with Cup 2 and was 2 seconds faster than a DCT M2C on Sachenring, though on different days.

In the video they

1. Didn't mention the condition of the tyres
2. Didn't state what pressure the tyres were on
3. Neglect to provide an opinion on why the Supra overtook the M2C towards the end

Wider tyres provide more lateral (cornering) grip so I don't understand why you are even trying to dispute that with bigger tyres the M2C will not be faster. The M2C only lost out in the 2nd last corner which is most likely the tyres going south because of over heating or worn out if they weren't fresh tyres in the fast place.
Why do you think they need to switch to 'better tires' for this review? Both cars come with the same tire, its a good test.

How often do you see reviewers state tire pressure and condition of the tire? LOL they dont because the average viewer doesnt care. You are grasping at straws here... of course the m2 would be faster on a cup 2, so would the supra.

They even stated the M2 was wonderful on the street... thats what matters here. The M2C is not a track car. Its a street car. In stock configuration the M2C is a shitty track car.
Appreciate 1
pizza240800.50