United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
I've stayed away from ceramic coatings since they don't offer any protection from chips etc. Some advertise they do, but don't believe them. That's all marketing. Not to say CC are bad, far from it. They are awesome and far superior than any wax or sealant as they last years vs months. I just don't like the idea of paying so much (because of the labor) to get it done since it's such a PIA to apply it yourself. You need an environment free of dust, with controlled temperature and humidity so it doesn't flash on you before you've had a chance to level it out. I've seen the aftermath of CC gone wrong, you cannot remove it without serious mechanical compounding, polishing and worst case sanding. I went with full front PPF and I just apply sealant to the entire car. Sealants have come a long way, many can last 9-12mo now. If you're really into this sort of stuff check our graphene paint coatings. They are still new to the market and are not fully offered yet, but they are even better than CC.
PPF is just superior to CC in every way. I looked extensively into CC prior to delivery, and concluded cost and protection wise, Xpel was a no brainer.

My detailer let me play around with a piece of Xpel and it's tough as nails. Plus at 80MPH+ it can deal with a rock chip pretty well, considering it's really tough plastic.

I can't even imagine a liquid coating trying to deal with highway rock chips at speed. There's just no way it can protect against it.
I'm a firm believer in XPEL for protection. All of my cars are XPEL protected.

These coatings are not for the same purpose.
? hockenheim_m2
Appreciate 1
Tag18156.50