View Single Post
      06-24-2019, 05:09 AM   #96
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
I've driven both now, but with a significant gap in time between them. Engine definitely more powerful in the mid-range and higher on M2C. The seating position is just as bad (high) on both. Rumors that the M seats had you sitting lower were false I believe. The brakes on the M2C are a bit overboosted and very touchy. Replacing the pads with something that has less initial bite would probably take care of it. Steering feel did seem better but I didn't drive them on the same roads so it's hard to make that comparison.
I can't understand "high seating" position comments. I'm 6'2" and taller in the torso, and I have trouble with headroom in a lot of cars and any BMW if I'm wearing a helmet and it has a sunroof....like my E39 M5 - with a helmet on I had immediate full contact with the roof and had to adjust the seating position to a crazy and uncomfortable angle to fit in the car. One of the many reasons I hate sunroofs.

My E90 M3 is a slicktop, so lots of extra headroom, but even in that car with the seat adjusted all the way down, I have about 2 finger widths of room or less.

The M2C slicktop with the new design seat adjusted all the way down yields more than twice that amount of room as the M3. I feel like the M2C seat sits very low in the car in fact. One of the reasons I love the new (well M4) seats. As soon as I get in the M3, I lament the nice low seating available in the M2C.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0