View Single Post
      03-29-2007, 12:16 AM   #20
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
its not turbo lag though, i dont understand what u meen by lack of oomph, there is no lack of oomph (at least not for me)

ill give an example, lets say im @5k in either car e92 and some other, and suddenly floor the throttle; in the other car your given the power immediatly and start accelerating, in the bmw your given all the available power immediatly, but rather than a jolt it comes smoothly, im not talking about over a second or even 1/4 of a second im talking about like miliseconds

same kind of thing @ 2k rpms in like 6th gear where turbo lag is very pronounced (takes a whole second lol) but in other cars at that rpms its not as sharp

and this was the same in my dads Mz3, which is what makes me think its a bmw thing
i never said it was turbo lag, that was the other guy. retard. jkjk

yea i agree with u on the power delivery. i guess on the 335 its different, but most of us get used to the more instant jolt. either way, ive gotten used to it and now its the other cars that feel weird.