tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
The true nature of ///M is Motorsports, and cars made for that purpose, but IMO it's ok to have some factory upgrade parts on other performance oriented BMW's, they just shouldn't have put an M-anything on it, but since that's their Motorsport division, it does make a sort of sense.

At least it's obvious when it's a real M-Car, since it's just the M and the number...oh wait, some say the OG M2 isn't a real M-Car. Never mind. Carry on.
Well, I consider the OG M2 a real M car!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcewaterPete View Post
All right boys be on the lookout for dudes in hoodies walking around the back of your car carrying dental floss. The i is going to be a hot collector item.

In a way it makes sense, in a sad way, since the model number hasn’t denoted the displacement in a loooong time. I keep opening the hood on my 440i expecting to see a V8 with 4.0 liters…

Congrats BMW you have officially killed off your model nomenclature. Next stop GM. Introducing the new BMW xmtlz.
It was kind of sad when the motors stopped matching the number designation. But, I think (I’m not certain) that was happening in Europe with the lower level models before it started happening in the U.S. I don’t think the 316 and 318 each had a 1.6 and a 1.8, did they?
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!