Thread: Tire Thread
View Single Post
      05-07-2024, 09:22 PM   #15
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

One thing that people haven't talked about is cost. I've used the Hankook RS4 for several years because they last. (On a different car.) Yeah, other tires are better/faster, but RS4 is good enough for general lapping, and they are relatively cheap. With the wear and the price, costs are way lower RE71RS, AD09, ECF, or SC3/SC3R. M2guru has some specs in a thread saying he is getting great life and good cost ratio from his RE71RS. But he's often on slicks, and I'm wondering about his use case.

This year I decided to try something different. Kumho ECSTA V730's. They get decent reviews, and they are CHEAP. A good 20-30% less than the common suggestions. I have no idea how well they will work or how long they will last, but I thought they were worth a try.

Took them out for a quick test spin on some on-ramps tonight, and they certainly stick. Better than my PS4S street tires. First track weekend is 5/31. We'll see how they really do then.

I got them in a 265/35 R18 size, mounted on BW TR5A 18x10 ET33 w 5mm spacer in the front. Still on stock OEM suspension, so wanted something a bit narrower to avoid rub since I don't have camber plates yet. No issues on the test run tonight, so I think I chose well. Again, though, we'll see how they work out on the track for a final opinion.
Appreciate 1
look585328.00