05-03-2024, 11:00 AM   #42
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Really? That’s surprising. Do you get free-maintenance for the first 3 (was 4) years or 36k miles (was 50k miles)? I’m surprised to hear it’s as high as a 20k mile OCI So OPs car was basically maintained like any other UK BMW? If that’s the case then any used f22 m240i with lower mileage has likely had the same number of oil changes. Either 20k+ mile OCIs are fine with synthetic oil or BMW only cares about getting their cars through the warranty period. I doubt it’s the latter because BMW would develop a reputation and lose a large number of repeat customers.
Service intervals and maintenance packages all depend on the country the car is meant for. It's in the VIN readout.

BMW has got different maintenance intervals for regions or countries, worldwide.

The standard EU-wide engine oil service interval is 2 years or 30,000 kilometres for all engines except the B47, IIRC. M break-in period is at 2,000 km.

Of course, if you beat the shit out of it, the CBS will adjust, but that's really worst case scenario.

Your service intervals in the USA or CAN are very different and shorter. Extremely hot or cold climates, too.