View Single Post
      04-29-2024, 11:36 AM   #2
ThatYellowSupra
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 Toyota Z4

Yo! First of all, thank you for taking the time to review the major track orgs in the area as well as providing your experiences. I loved the breakdown of the tracks too. Mind if I use some of this for our infographs we provide?

Context: I am one of the staff members for Jzilla Track Days. I'm sorry to hear you had a less than A+ experience at one of our events.
Quote:
Jzilla (second)
I've driven with Jzilla a couple times, and I appreciate their community as well. Everyone seems very enthusiastic, but I had a harder time making friends there. The culture is a bit less "buttoned-up" than JTI. The best example I can give is that AMP, it seems to be de rigueur to powerslide your way through turn 6.
Man, I'm sorry you felt like our events were less inviting for friendships to develop. Could you elaborate on how you felt and how you feel things could've improved?

In regards to turn 6 - I would like to say it's either a yellow supra or a blue camaro SS creating the t6 shenanigans. Thats me and a friend usually.

Quote:
I wasn't super impressed with the lead-follow approach they were using exclusively at that point due to Covid. In my first session on track I got separated from my instructor and had no clue what I was doing. By the end of the day I was quite rattled and almost ended my track driving right there. I understand that they now use a hybrid approach where the first couple sessions are lead-follow instruction (to learn the line), and then the instructor rides along for the remainder of the day (to teach good driving habits). I could see that working out alright.
Not the first I've heard of this happening (Losing your instructor). These lead/follow sessions can be tough to navigate and I too had gotten lost during my first lead/follow. Made the most of it though by enjoying myself and ripping the "holy shit im by myself" bandaid off lol. Things definitely have improved since COVID changed instruction protocols.

I'd love to have you back to re-experience Jzilla and hopefully improve your experience!

Heres a photo of my supra if you're ever back at an event and looking for a friend!
Appreciate 2
AmuroRay2379.00
fleetfoot135.00