View Single Post
      04-15-2024, 10:08 AM   #1
NPTM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

CarCapsule - Thoughts?

Seeking thoughts for anyone with first hand experience with a CarCapsule, mainly their "ShowCase" model that allows you drive in/out (https://carcapsule.com/18-black-showcase-indoor/). Know someone that has the "bubble" version, but I'm not looking for that kind of setup/break-down each time I want to drive the car...I want to pull in / out easily, whenever I want.

As my stable grows, I've found myself having a bit of a rotation, driving a car for several months heavily, and then swapping. One of my storage areas is an old garage...weather / water tight, but it was built in the late 1800s so it's dusty, not climate controlled, and likely has plenty of openings for rodents. It's clean, just super old. I thought about putting one of these CarCapsule's in there, allowing me to use this space for car storage. I would put a de-humidifier inside of the capsule itself, along with an air purifier to eliminate dust. I would also place rodent deterrents around the garage (sound and light), albeit probably fine either way as these capsules have no openings. That would get me up to the level of comfort I'd want for longer-term car storage.

Any thoughts on this? Any experience in working with these? Any solutions I'm not considering, and should? Thanks guys!

-Chris
Appreciate 0