03-23-2024, 12:18 PM   #133
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
His explanation made sense, but my bad you said it's valid so I guess that's that.

Look. Let's just assume EVERYTHING you say is legit and it's double dipping and the schools are shady and preying on students etc.

How does me paying for your student loans (because it's not forgiveness... no such thing... it's redistribution of student loans to people who didn't take them out) solve all your claimed issues with the educational system?

Is it student loan forgiveness AND ban on future government backed student loans? Is it student loan forgiveness AND overhaul of the higher education system? Is it student loan forgiveness AND shutting down of these predatory practices by colleges?

No.
Right. Before the topic of forgiveness is even thought about, abolishment or reforms to the existing program to remove what society deems "unfair" need to be implemented. Then you can start the discussion about whether a remedy is necessary for some portion of those exploited, including those who managed to make their payments. As far as I know, and I may be wrong, there is zero talk of anything along these lines. Can someone having a loan forgiven turn around and get another one?