View Single Post
      03-12-2024, 08:51 PM   #59
AlpinewhiteM2C
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: old: E90 335i E46 M3 new: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexWheels View Post
This is interesting. Our EC-7RS wheels and VS-5RS wheels share an identical zero-degree draft barrel profile. The barrel clearances of these two wheels should be identical aside from the section of the wheel near the spokes which will vary based on the offset of the wheels and the spoke profiles. The barrel clearances also should be significantly better than the flow formed EC-7 up to the spoke area where it can vary based on fitment with our forged wheels.

A few questions from my side:

Are you sure that the forged wheels you have are our EC-7RS? We've gone through a few design names in the EC-7 family including the EC-7R which was discontinued. I'm just wanting to check on this first before asking more complex questions as there is more than one "forged EC-7" out there on the secondary market.

Where is the rubbing occurring with the EC-7RS that you have specifically?

Referencing this image, is the caliper body contacting the barrel along the flat portion (yellow) or ramp up to the spoke area (red)? I assume it's not contacting along the spokes (green) based on feedback you've already provided.

Ultimately, a scan of this kit will tell me the most information assuming the adapters and calipers are consistent through production which is why I reached out to Track/S. But these first steps will help me figure out what your clearance issue is.

look585 Can you refresh my memory on what spacer you're running? If you're running a spacer large enough to reduce the effective offset lower than ET25, that may be why there is a difference here. There is also a difference in spoke profile between ET40 wheels and ET25 wheels as well as between EC-7RS and VS-5RS but that shouldn't be causing a definite difference in clearance between wheels that share a barrel profile.

Sorry for the long post, if this begins to derail the thread I can take the conversation to Email/DM.

-Tom
@Tom - I purchased the EC7RS wheels; received them two weeks ago. I refitted the 18x10 25mm offset in the front again and it's not touching as it did during my first test fit attempt. I may have not set the wheels properly the first time as the clearance is very close (see pics below):

Pic of wheel where it touched during initial fitting:

Pic of wheels during second test fitting:
Top of caliper

Bottom of Caliper

Inner Clearance to Coilover

If the EC7RS and VS-5RS shares the same barrel profile, then there may be a difference in the barrel clearance between the 25mm vs 40mm offset as the pictures by look585 seems to show a lot more barrel clearance than mine.
Appreciate 0