02-18-2024, 05:24 AM   #17
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
I bought the BM3 wifi adapter and think it's a waste. I use Android and it's much easier to get the USB Ethernet ENET cable going.

I thought the BM3 adapter would be great for everything except you can't access the internet whilst connected to the adapter. So for things like logging whilst you're out driving it's very annoying.
That's a valid point, but the issue with a cable is it's hard to route in a clean manner and you always end up with it running either across your legs or over the steering wheel - given you have your phone in the middle of the car. Otherwise it's going to run right up the side to the vent, but it'll never give you a clean cable free aesthetic. Then charging the device is also a pain if you don't have a splitter or wireless charging.

For me I just have a dedicated in car tablet that just lives in my m2 for logging, coding and flashing. My phone doesn't do that job, and thereby doesn't experience the constant screen on at near max brightness and battery drain every single time in the car. So it saves wear and tear on my phone and puts it on my cheapo tablet. Plus it's easier to read a tablet vs. a phone.