View Single Post
      11-03-2023, 07:53 PM   #5
Aeko
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C, 01 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
If you can’t dig around and figure it out yourself pay someone to flip that parameter for you. Do the CS steering parameter and the CS MDM while you’re at it they’re definitely worth the hassle.

Finally, part of this may just be the huge difference in torque you’re not quite acclimated to coming from the E46? The PSS tires are great but fall of quickly and the car gets even more assy once they’ve got even 5-8k on em. PS4S seem to stick better with better manners for daily driving.
Thanks for all the input, this is really helpful!

Do you know offhand what the CS vs Comp coding does for the steering, diff, and MDM? I've heard supposedly the Euro CS MDM is less intrusive, though I didn't find the stock MDM all that bad IMO. I haven't found good info on what the improvements are just with changing the coding and I really don't get to drive the car hard enough to find out. I did some digging and I know where the options are now, just need to figure out how to do it in Esys instead of one of the apps like Protool. I'm confident in general with coding since I had to learn a lot to retrofit EDC, I just haven't bothered doing a lot of FDL coding.

Reading some other threads in people who came from the e46 M3 you may be right. I forget it probably had maybe half the wheel torque of the M2C, and it has so much of that down low. The M3 got totalled and I got the M2C two months later so I never got a back to back. In a straight line the M2C hooks so well it doesn't feel like it has THAT much torque, even compared to my e39 M5 with headers and a tune, which probably makes nearly 400 wheel hp and tq. Even the M5 doesn't feel like it crosses that limit as quickly.

The PSS rears on this car are from '22 and I've put 7k on it since I bought it, so maybe you're right about that as well. Both fronts are new. I was considering the PS4S but I really do not want to lose the turn-in feel the PSS have. I'm also looking at going to 18" using some custom brackets from another member for the 2NH as well as 380mm discs, so I'm debating putting PSS or PS4S on those when I get around to it.
Appreciate 0