View Single Post
      11-03-2023, 01:38 PM   #1
Aeko
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C, 01 M5

Diff brace? Preventing sudden grip break on the limit

I'm not exactly an expert at suspension or modifying cars but I have a very good idea of how I like a car to handle. My last car, an e46 M3 with B16's and running very similar tire sizes to the M2C, would break traction very gradually and communicate well when it was about to lose the rear when doing something like powering out of a sharp corner (u-turn, for example). I find that in cornering the M2C tends to kick the rear off pretty indiscriminately under power even with gentle throttle input. My goal is to make that transition between grip and sliding much more gradual.

In short, what can I do to help this?

In addition to this one of the first things I noticed is that the M2C tends to feel unsettled and the rear tends to feel like it's wiggling back and forth when coming out of a corner, even when the car is already straightened out and I get on the power late and gradually. Is this a result of the single diff mount and would a two mount brace help with this issue? It feels like it's winding the power back and forth between the left and right side even though the grip is there. I'm not sure if it's wheel hop or something happening with the suspension.

The M2C is currently all stock including wheels and tire sizes. PSS in factory spec, no suspension mods (though I am about to finish retrofitting OE EDC dampers, I already have electronics set up).
Appreciate 0