View Single Post
      09-17-2023, 11:13 PM   #128
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericold View Post
OEM fluid is ok. redline or motul are good but some oem fluids like this and brake OEM fluid are very good OEM fluids for normal use.but i insist there is no difference in shifting.maybe for first months then you don't feel any difference at all when cold weather comes.its the transmission design in bmws.
At least with the Redline DCTF there is a definite ongoing improvement with 1st gear synchro. I've now done over 40K km with the Redline and not once while stationary have I had difficulty selecting 1st gear on the 1st attempt (eg after sitting stationary at traffic lights).
As I posted 12mths ago, it had been a regular issue with the oem fluid commencing not that long after I bought the car new and continued even after replacing with oem MTF-LT-5 fluid @ 66K km. Changed to Redline @85K and the issue instantly disappeared.
I won't swear there is any other ongoing improvement compared to oem but I'm 100% certain on the 1st gear selecting issue (which in fairness is an issue I've had in other cars).
Appreciate 1
F87source7361.00