Apexer
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
It comes down to percentage of owners who have had an issue, and the reason that this will never die is because no one knows the numbers. The vast majority of 1st-owner S55's are unmodified for sure, yet many have had the problem, you can't talk to a single dealer that hasn't dealt with it. The tuning community is small, yet every single tuner knows about the issue, and the after-market has responded. All in all I'd say that if you're going to even own an S55 car you have to do something to mitigate the issue, even if it's stock, it's just prudent. But there are those that want to dance with the devil.

For my part I'm happier with an N55 car because sound is more my style than ultimate power, so I'm the lucky one not having to deal with it.

I think perspective plays a big part on it.

Depends if you want to see the good side or the bad side. Many may mean little to some or vice versa .

By browsing the forums you can see many users claiming they have asked their local dealers about the problem and the dealers didn’t even know the problem existed or very few cases of SCH .

The tuners knowing is great in fact they should know the flaws about the engine they’re gonna mod. Like I mentioned previously making power on the S55 is so easy and more power definetly increases the chances of the problem occuring ( that is confirmed by SCH on tuned n54 s and n55 s because stock power spins are very very rare ) . If you get around 550hp I understand having the CH problem in your mind but being stock completely and worrying about it is just pointless from my point of view. 600hp+ is definetly a danger zone.

A stock spin probably has a simillar chance of occuring like failure of other major engine parts like rod bearings or turbos ( not that those are known as problematic ). Stock spins definetly happen a lot at very low mileage like 1000-2000 miles/km suggesting manufacturing error. Why worry about it? That’s like worrying permanently about being ramed on the road by some drunk driver and being so afraid that you stop taking your car out. Again my point of view.

90% of the S55 tracktools driven hard on the nordschleife have stock hubs ( stock power, tuned, dct and manuals ) . If you don’t believe me ask the owners and Misha Charoudin himself ( in fact he said he doesn’t know anyone tracking with a pinned hub s55 many times ) In the original post there is an imgur link showing how someone tracked a M2 Comp 35k kilometers or 19k miles with 520hp on a stock hub and still going strong.

And again I’m only trying to say the problem is not huge. I’m not saying it’s not an issue but I already mentioned that in the first post.
Appreciate 0