View Single Post
      08-16-2023, 07:59 AM   #366
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2guru View Post
Time was messed up in BM3's log process/information. I told them about it about a month ago and they were very quick to update their app within a couple weeks. It works as you would expect now.

As I have my bumper cover off waiting for the oil cooler to arrive, I have straightened the radiator fins out which I have to say will increase flow by 5-15% - they were pretty bent up. BUT WORSE is the aux coolant radiator. That thing is nearly blocked of all air flow due to the bent fins. The fins are much smaller on the aux radiator. I have "cleaned up" two rows (vertical) by pushing a probe through from the rear side, but the probe is a bit too large (good for the primary radiator, but not as good for the aux). I cannot fit the probe between every fin - have to go every other. I think that even it I cannot find a smaller probe (will look tonight), it still has to be better to air moving through it than around it even if I have "reduced" the number of fins by collapsing every other. I plan to look up prices for the aux radiator it's so bad...

I am starting to be concerned that I have made too many changes and won't know which had the largest impact: CSF to d088 oil cooler, straightening radiator fins, and straightening the aux radiator fins.
https://www.summitracing.com/search/...ator-fin-combs
use this instead - for high density fin packs. you'll have to measure the fins per inc though.

Your coolant temperatures were fine though, max cool combined with the lower temp thermostat kept you at 242F? maximum, which is great considering you have done zero work on the coolant side.

My theory is the oil's increased headroom is helping keep the coolant side happy. I would personally see how the oil cooler alone does before doing anything else.