View Single Post
      07-04-2023, 08:02 PM   #305
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Yeah, this isn’t an issue with an Intercooler airflow, its because the parts probably have zero r&d behind them and are adapted to the M2 chassis in the most “cost effective” way possible.

I would honestly upgrade the oil cooler and be done - the first page was the indication it was an oil issue with temps exceeding 250F. 4 years ago, a guy bbnks2 was discussing oil temps and oil coolers (E9x chassis) I didn’t have a turbo car, so it wasn’t really on my radar - but they pointed out that BMWs hot weather/performance package on cars that didn’t have oil coolers, was an upgraded radiator.

The reason, as people picked up here - was the coolant was being used as an oil cooler. The issue they had was there was a limit to how effective that was without proper oil cooling.

If I were you, just do the ER unit. Call them and ask them about how dense the fin pack is, and their results, i love the fact it come with its own ducting and it’s actually fitted to an M2x
I’m bitter about CSF because I’ve always felt like it was one of those brands who’se performance didn’t match up to the price- no one has ever said this about ER.
Appreciate 0