02-17-2023, 12:33 PM   #95
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
The 1.11 has a bit more bite and does not fall off as much as the temps get higher than the RSL29. With heavy, fast cars like the M2C fade resistance and consistent performance are typically the driver and the 1.11 is better at both. You can keep beating on the 1.11 past the point where the RSL29 would have given up. Lifespan is a bit subjective as there are so many factors at play - braking characteristics, track characteristics, grip level, traction control usage, car setup, pace - all play a big role. I do think the Pagids will likely last a bit longer but do not like the tradeoff in performance for this platform.

These are the pads for the 2NH. For the different compounds the numbers stay the same but the last letter changes (H for DS2500, W for 1.11, and G or GB for 3.12 being popular compounds at this time).

Ferodo FCP4712W - Front 1.11
Ferodo FCP1281W - Rear 1.11
Thanks for the feedback on this. The fade resistance is what I'm looking to avoid. Especially since my next event will have longer run times. I drove the snot out of the stock pads. The fade reliably with consistent pedal feel. It makes me sad when my brake point distance doubles. I'd like to see how my times are when my brake zone remains consistent throughout the day. I try to brake as little as possible. But I'm hard on them when it's time to brake. I'm usually on gas or on brake and tend to not lift before the brake point. Butt puckered a couple times when I misjudged the amount of fade
Appreciate 0