View Single Post
      01-04-2023, 01:39 PM   #5
M1500Z
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a white BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMTX View Post
Thanks M1500Z. I hadn't thought of switching to the blue brakes up front. I assume they a bolt on option, no special adapters
So, would you say the knock back issue is predominately with the front calipers? To where a front caliper change solves the problem?
I don't want to appear as an expert here—only going off my minimum experience with the blue brakes and knowing others who ran them hard at COTA. I would do some digging/ask around to confirm knock-back is less or non-existent on the blue brakes. And yes, it's going to primarily be with the fronts as they see more of the lateral loads—I have APs all around, but the front swap eliminated the knock-back entirely.

You would want the complete set of calipers to avoid any sort of negative bias change. At a glance, Real OEM shows the blue calipers bolt directly to the knuckle so the swap should be easy—calipers, rotors, pads, etc. The master cylinders are the same, and there's a minor coding adjustment to tell the car what brakes it's running. The swap isn't unheard of—M3/4 owners have swapped from CCBs to blue brakes as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMTX View Post
I guess I can try a couple sets of these..... worst case I get too much drag?

https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/i..._217_7351_7352
I don't know what rate springs AP/Essex use, but I do get audible pad drag. I've heard Zeckenhausen has good customer service—give 'em a ring and pick their brains.
Appreciate 1