View Single Post
      12-20-2022, 11:57 AM   #35
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
A used car apocalypse has been predicted for at least the last 10 years. We’ve seen wild shifts UPWARD but as it always happens, the speed going the other direction is always much slower over a period of several months or years. When people watch overly dramatic videos, they think they’ll be able to walk in and buy a car for 20k off the following Monday. Not going to happen in any scenario. In fact, we’re still flushing out demand from the last few years.

There are too many stakeholders in this industry to allow a catastrophic, fast moving decline. It will happen incrementally over years. This includes a Carvana bankruptcy, who is owned by the Drivetime fraudsters and can float along for quite a while.
a used car apocalypse hasn't been remotely predicted for the past 10 years... things didn't spiral out of control until mid 2020 to about the middle of this year... so 2 years things have been massively out of control... they are 110% Covid supply chain shortage related... these supply chain bottle necks are slowly being filled and demand has falled off a cliff... i look at car prices almost daily... and day in and day out, the same cars continue to have price dropped... as fast things went up is almost as fast as they will fall... u can quote me on this as it's already happening...
blkonblk202.50